Vacancy Title: Imam (Minister of Religion)
Date Posted: 24/03/2016
Hours: 40 hours – Flexible Working Hours (revolving around prayer times)
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Location: WISE, Wycombe Islamic Centre, St Marks Close, High Wycombe, Bucks HP136GN
Description: Imam required in the town of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. The role requires someone who is enthusiastic, dynamic and proactive, someone who has a lot to offer a young and growing community in a challenging environment. The responsibilities of this role will involve reaching out to the wider Muslim and non-Muslim community, delivering courses and lectures, visiting local schools and other public bodies, hosting school visits, attending meetings of local government and religious bodies.
• Recognised qualification in a field of Islamic Studies
• Hafidh of Qur’an
• Four to Five years’ experience in this field.
• Adherence to the Qur’an and Sunnah upon the understanding of the Salaf
• Excellent English – written and spoken
• Good Arabic
• To lead the five daily congregational prayers
• To deliver the Friday sermon and lead the Friday prayer
• To assist in teaching children Islamic studies, recitation and memorisation of the Qur’an
• To give Islamic guidance and advice as required if feasible.
• To lead funeral prayers, and conduct marriage ceremonies
• To assist in da‘wah activities, lectures and conferences
• To assist in the running of Youth Activities run by WISE wherever possible and feasible.
• To provide advice and counseling as part of pastoral support
How to Apply: Email CV to the chairperson, Refi Shafi – [email protected] or send to the address above. For further information on the organization see www.wise-web.org
A DBS (disclosure barring service) check will be required.
Closing Date: 25/04/2016